Friday, September 23, 2011

Life Update

I didn't apologize for my few-week absence in my last post because I don't want to be the least interesting man in the world. However, as I think everyone reading this knows me personally, I thought you might want to hear about what's been going on in my life while I was out (which in part explains my silence). If you don't, feel free to come back tomorrowish and I'm sure I'll have some other political rant or something. (I'm not going to promise daily updates, but I'm also trying not to go weeks between posts. In this particular case, I also fell behind in some direct correspondence I'd been meaning to write, and my lawn looks horrendous even by my standards, so it's not just the blog that stalled.)

My job became extremely stressful, even though we delivered what I'd thought was our final package for our biannualish software releases in August. Things got very heated over what was essentially an error rate of 0.000002% (1 out of 500,000), and I just got fed up. Things have calmed down now, but I'm still feeling a bit irked and burned out about the way the entire situation was handled. I did find an opening at Roberts Wesleyan that's exactly what I want to do and the opportunity to really grow my faith by being able to work in a very Christian environment. I've temporarily suspended any other searching and have been praying that I get this position. I'm not a fan of the "name it and claim it" brand of "theology" that seems to be circulating now, but I've also always had a hard time trusting God and not trying to have several backup plans in any given situation. It seems possible that this is the best place for me, so I'm trying to focus on that right now. If you're the praying type, any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Speaking of, Liana and I also started a small Bible study last week. We're doing Philippians, and I think the first one went well. I haven't been involved in something like this since college. We did go to a Bible study through church recently, but it seems that Catholic "Bible studies" are run more like Bible classes, so while there were some interesting things that came out of it, it wasn't as enriching for me as I'd hoped. I'm hoping we'll be able to continue having success with this for a while.

Between these, my being on two new church committees this fall, and the Java class, I've got a lot less free time than I did even last month. For now I'm OK with it, but I hope that I won't be pulling what's left of my hair out come Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment